In 2001, the Allegheny Valley School District established an Alumni Hall of Fame to “recognize, celebrate, and honor those alumni who have distinguished themselves through public service, academic achievement, and professional contributions, which serve to enhance the prestige and excellence” of the School District.
Nominees for the Alumni Hall of Fame must meet the following criteria:
1. Have attended school in the Allegheny Valley School District
2. Be able to be identified as an outstanding member of his/her profession
3. Be an exemplary model for others
4. Have provided a meaningful contribution to the service of others
5. Continue to emphasize self-improvement and life-long learning
• A period of 10 years beyond his/her graduation year must have elapsed for a nominee to be considered for entry into the Alumni Hall of Fame.
• The nominee may be living or deceased.
• A person attending school in the area before the formation of the school district may be included as an alumnus if he/she attended school within the boundaries of the current Allegheny Valley School District.
• No more than seven nominees may be selected for the Alumni Hall of Fame in any given year.
• If a part of the nomination form is not included or answered, the nominee will not be considered for the Hall of Fame.
Nomination forms become available in August for the following year’s Hall of Fame class. These forms can be returned to the business office by a pre-determined date. A panel of five individuals judges the nomination forms. The selection process begins in late January, and inductees are notified by April. A recognition ceremony is held in April or May to congratulate and induct those alumni who were chosen for the Alumni Hall of Fame.
Completed nomination forms must be postmarked by January 31, 2023 and sent to the following address:
Allegheny Valley School District Hall of Fame
Attn: Ms. Jan Zastawniak
300 Pearl Avenue
Cheswick, PA 15024
For questions, please contact Jan Zastawniak, Public Relations Director, at
Rules for Choosing Judges:
Judges will be chosen by the district’s Public Relations Director using the following guidelines:
• A Panel of five (5) judges will be chosen for every 25 nomination forms received.
• Judges will represent the community as follows: (1) selected from the Allegheny Valley School District Staff, (1) current student or a student who has graduated within the last 10 years, (3) chosen from the school district community-at-large representing different age groups.
• After the inaugural year, one of the judges representing the community will be an Alumni Hall of Fame member.
• All judges will be volunteers selected by the Public Relations Director or administrator of the Alumni Hall of Fame program.
• Names of the judges will not be released.
• All five judges will score each nomination form in their group of 25 using a rubric put together by the development committee.
• From the final selection score, the panel of judges will: determine the number of nominees to be inducted, decide any possible ties, and resolve any disputes.
• The decision of the judges is final.