The mission of the Allegheny Valley School District, a group of small traditional communities, is to educate all students to achieve their maximum potential. A dedicated staff, in partnership with school, home, and community, will empower students to become responsible and contributing citizens able to meet challenges in an international society.
It is the vision of the Allegheny Valley School District that all graduates are equipped with the skills necessary to meet with success. Educational opportunities provided to students throughout their educational career will provide the springboard they need to enter the world of work, the armed forces, or the fields of higher education.
Belief Statements/Shared Values
– Students are able to ethically function in an international society.
– Education is the foundation of future success and must have application to real-life situations.
– Education is the shared responsibility of the school, home, and community.
– Technology is an essential learning tool.
– Students learn best when provided with a variety of educational experiences.
– All students are capable of responsible and respectful behavior.
– All individuals have worth and dignity.
– Students have value and the capability to learn and achieve success.
– Students are life-long learners able to achieve their maximum potential.
Located approximately 15 miles northeast of Pittsburgh, PA, the Allegheny Valley School District provides a quality education to approximately 900 students in the municipalities of Cheswick Borough, Harmar Township, Springdale Borough, and Springdale Township. The District emerged in 1965 when these four municipalities agreed to dissolve their previous jointure and begin a new venture. Two buildings – Acmetonia Elementary School and Springdale Jr-Sr High School – offer programs and activities to students in Pre-Kindergarten through grade 12. Eighty-seven professionals comprise the teaching staff. The communities of the District maintain the unique combination of being close to a major urban center while still maintaining a small-town atmosphere. Together these factors make the Allegheny Valley School a great Partnership for Excellence – Youth, School and Community.