The Proposed Final revenue and Expenditure Budget for the 2021-2022 school year approved at the May 18th School Board Meeting in the amount of $22,873,065. The Budget represents a decrease of 1% less than the 2020-2021 Budget of $23,102,978 (excluding a budgeted transfer of $3,500,000 to capital reserve). Local revenue for this Proposed Final Budget will be provided by a real estate tax of 20.8377 mills, one half of 1% earned income tax, one-half of 1% real estate transfer tax and one-half of $10 occupation privilege tax.
• The major revenue driver for the District is the Real Estate Tax Assessments, and local revenues account for 69% of total revenues.
• The other two major revenues - State (27%) and Federal (3%) subsidies - reflect balance of income for the District. The budget will be balanced with $300,000 from from the Fund Balance.
• The 2021-22 General Fund Expenditure Budget total is $22,873,065. This total is a decrease in Expenditures of $229,913 from the prior year.
• The instructional budget represents approximately half of all costs to the District.
• Increases in the budget can be attributed to costs of: retirement, salaries, special education, tuition, transportation, and debt service.
Overall, the Budget continues to reflect the volatility and uncertainties of District revenues with the impact of COVID-19 on the economy.
Please see attached documents:
2021-2022 Approved Proposed Budget
Approved Proposed Budget certification