Allegheny Valley School District, 300 Pearl Avenue, Cheswick, PA 15024
Superintendent: Dr. Patrick M. Graczyk
Secretary: Ms. Rhonda Caldwell
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Phone: 724-274-5300; Fax: 724-274-8040
Springdale Jr-Sr High School, 501 Butler Road, Springdale, PA 15144
Principal: Mr. Andrew Leviski
Secretary: Ms. Megan Dale
Office Hours: 7:00 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.
Phone: 724-274-8100; Fax: 724-274-2106
Acmetonia Elementary School, 300 Pearl Avenue, Cheswick, PA 15024
Principal: Mr. Gregory Heavner
Secretary: Ms. Rebecca Mundok
Office Hours: 7:45 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.
Phone: 724-274-6500; Fax: 724-274-2186
Directions to Allegheny Valley School District schools and facilities.
The Allegheny Valley School District educates approximately 911 students.
The District covers approximately 9.6 miles in area, incorporating the municipalities of: Harmar Township, Cheswick Borough, Springdale Borough, and Springdale Township
Millage Rate: 20.8377 mills (Approximate amount that (1) mill brings to the District $636,277)
Colors: Orange & Black
Motto: Partnership for Excellence: Youth, School & Community
Mission Statement: The mission of the Allegheny Valley School District, a group of small traditional communities, is to educate all students to achieve their maximum potential. A dedicated staff, in partnership with school, home, and community, will empower students to become responsible and contributing citizens able to meet challenges in an international society.
Building by building…
Acmetonia Elementary School – Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 6
- Approximately 504 students.
- Covers 104,015 square feet
- 4 Sixth Grade classrooms, 3 Fifth Grade classrooms, 3 Fourth Grade classrooms, 4 Third Grade classrooms, 4 Second Grade classrooms, 3 First Grade classrooms, 3 Kindergarten classrooms, and 2 Pre-Kindergarten classes.
- 20:1 Student/Teacher Ratio*
- Full-Day Kindergarten, Library, Health/Physical Education, Art, Vocal Music, Technology, and STEAM classes are part of the educational program.
- Special programs include Instrumental Music; Band 4, 5, and 6; Chorus 4, 5, and 6; Title I; Gifted and Talented Education (GATE); and other special education programs.
- Renovation projects completed September 2006 and December 2018.
Springdale Jr-Sr High School – Grades 7-12
- Approximately 407 students
- 20:1 Student/Teacher Ratio
- Covers 154,450 square feet
- Special programs include Independent Study, Vocational-Technical Education, Distance Learning, College/University Concurrent Enrollment & College/Career Articulation, Early College Admission, Gifted and Talented Education (GATE), and other special education programs.
- 25 Extracurricular activities along with 14 Varsity, 5 Junior Varsity, and 8 Junior High athletic options are available.
- Renovation projects completed February 2012 and December 2019.
– 6 Administrators; 7 Support Administrators
– 80 Educational Professionals
– 11 Secretaries, Clerks, and Health Assistants
– 15 Custodial/Maintenance Workers
– 13 Cafeteria Workers
– 15 Instructional and Personal Aides
– 1:1 Student-to-Computer Ratio
– Approximately 69% of graduates continue on to some type of formal or higher education.
– The District is governed by a school board of nine elected officials.
– The District contracts transportation through W.L. Roenigk bus company.
*Student/Teacher ratios are the total number of students in the building divided by the number of classroom teachers (elementary) or the number of core subject and special education teachers (secondary).
Located approximately 15 miles northeast of Pittsburgh, PA, the Allegheny Valley School District provides a quality education to approximately 960 students in the municipalities of Cheswick Borough, Harmar Township, Springdale Borough, and Springdale Township. The District emerged in 1965 when these four municipalities agreed to dissolve their previous jointure and begin a new venture. Three buildings – Acmetonia Elementary School, Colfax Upper Elementary School, and Springdale Jr-Sr High School – offer programs and activities to students in Kindergarten through grade 12. Eighty-seven professionals comprise the teaching staff. The communities of the District maintain the unique combination of being close to a major urban center while still maintaining a small-town atmosphere. Together these factors make the Allegheny Valley School a great Partnership for Excellence – Youth, School and Community.