Whether your child is beginning Kindergarten or transferring from another school, the Allegheny Valley School District wants to help make your first experience with our District as simple as possible.
To register a student, the parent or guardian will need to complete the AVSD online registration form linked below:
Once the form is completed and submitted online, please contact AVSD Centralized Information at 724-274-5300. The online registration form cannot be submitted from a mobile device. Information must be submitted from a desktop or laptop computer.
The following documents must be submitted to
- Proof of student's age - birth certificate, passport, etc.
- Parent’s photo ID with the current address
- Two additional proofs of residency showing current address (utility bill, vehicle registration card, deed or lease, paystub)
- Immunization records - if your child's immunizations are not current, he/she will not be permitted to begin school in the District.
- Any copies of Custody Arrangements indicating shared custody or a notarized statement from the shared custodial parent verifying knowledge of the child’s enrollment in the Allegheny Valley School District if applicable.
- Student's IEP and copy of forms, if applicable
In addition to the above documentation, you will need to complete and submit the electronically fillable forms linked below:
- AVSD Transportation Form
- Parent & Student Network/Internet Access & Usage Form
- Student Residency Questionnaire
- English as a Second Language Questionnaire
Complete each form and submit to:
If you prefer to provide the documents in person or require paper copies of all registration forms, please contact
All students registering for Kindergarten must be 5 years old by September 1. Registration for Kindergarten begins in March. For additional information, please contact the AVSD Centralized Information at 724-274-5300, Option 3, Option 1, Option 1.
All student registering for Pre-K must be 4 years old by September 1. Registration for Pre-Kindergarten begins in February. For additional information, please contact AVSD Centralized Information Assistant, at 724-274-5300 Option 3, Option 1, Option 1.