Whether your child is beginning Kindergarten or transferring from another school, the Allegheny Valley School District wants to help make your first experience with our District as simple as possible.
To register a student, the parent or guardian will need to complete the AVSD online registration form linked below:
Once the form is completed and submitted online, please cotact AVSD Centralized Information at 724-274-6500. The online registration form cannot be submitted from a mobile device. Information must be submitted from a desktop or laptop computer.
- Student’s birth certificate
- Parent’s photo ID with the current address
- Two additional proofs of residency showing current address (utility bill, vehicle registration card, deed or lease, paystub)
- Immunization records including lead level testing - if your child's immunizations are not current, he/she will not be permitted to begin school in the District.
- Any copies of Custody Arrangements indicating shared custody or a notarized statement from the shared custodial parent verifying knowledge of the child’s enrollment in the Allegheny Valley School District if applicable.
- Student's IEP and copy of forms, if applicable
In addition to the above documentation, parents will need to complete and submit the forms shown below:
- AVSD Transportation Form
- Parent & Student Network/Internet Access & Usage Form
- Student Residency Questionnaire
- English as a Second Language Questionnaire
All students registering for Kindergarten must be 5 years old by September 1. Parents are asked to bring the child’s original birth certificate, updated immunization records, and proof of residency. No student will be permitted to enter school unless those documents are verified at registration. For additional information, please contact the Acmetonia Elementary School Office at 724-274-6500.
All student registering for Pre-K must be 4 years old by September 1. Parents are asked to bring the child's original birth certificate, updated immunization records, and proof of residency. No student will be permitted to enter school unless those documents are verified at registration. For additional information, please contact Acmetonia Elementary School Office at 724-274-6500.