300 Pearl Avenue
Cheswick, PA 15024
SHS School Information
Springdale Jr-Sr High School educates District students in grades 7 -12. Junior high school students, grades 7 & 8, remain primarily in one wing of the school. Although in the same building, these grade levels function separately from the upperclassmen. Classes for students revolve around the core academics but also give them a taste of the electives they can choose when they enter the senior high grades. Students also have the option of participating in junior high activities and sports.
Students in the senior high school have a choice of many different paths to take when looking at their future. The school offers academic classes in English, science, mathematics, and social studies along with classes in business, technical arts, computer science, and the arts. Foreign languages, family and consumer science, physical education, and health classes are also part of the school’s curriculum. Seven Advanced Placement courses are offered in the upper grades within the building; other options are available via distance learning. A distance learning option is also available to students who have an interest in subjects not offered in the building or for those students who have completed all of the offered coursework in a single subject. Senior high students continue to take advantage of the many activities and sports that are offered. In addition, 23 clubs and activities ranging from Student Council to arts and service clubs meet regularly throughout the school year.
Technology has become an important part of the curriculum in all subject areas. Six portable computer labs, along with six stationary labs, enable students to research, perform word processing, create art projects, study keyboarding, and complete business education assignments.
Springdale Jr-Sr High School – Grades 7-12
- Approximately 407 students
- 20:1 Student/Teacher Ratio
- Covers 154,450 square feet
- Special programs include: Independent Study, Vocational-Technical Education, Distance Learning, College/University Concurrent Enrollment & College/Career Articulation, Early College Admission, Gifted and Talented Education (GATE), other special education programs.
- 25 Extra-curricular activities along with 14 Varsity, 5 Junior Varsity, and 8 Junior High athletic options are available.
- Renovation project completed February 2012.
For more information on Springdale Jr-Sr High School, please contact:
Mr. Andrew Leviski, Principal
Springdale Jr-Sr High School
501 Butler Road
Springdale, PA 15144