The Allegheny Valley School District was recently recognized by the American Association of School Administrators in its landmark report.
The AASA named Allegheny Valley along with nine other Pittsburgh-based school districts to the Demonstration Systems-to-Watch list, a collection of 28 districts across Pennsylvania that are “on their way to becoming ‘Lighthouses’ themselves.” A “Lighthouse” is a term used to describe school districts that are student-centered, equity-focused, and future-driven.
Joining Allegheny Valley on the list are the following schools:
- Baldwin-Whitehall School District
- Beaver Area School District
- Brownsville Area School District
- California Area School District
- Chartiers Valley School District
- Deer Lakes School District
- Franklin Regional School District
- River Valley School Distrct
- South Fayette Township School District
The nine Demonstration Systems to Watch will join five Lighthouse districts at the AASA’s second-annual Learning 2025 National Summit to be held June 26-28 in Washington D.C.
For more information: https://remakelearning.org/blog/2023/02/03/western-pennsylvania-school-districts-lauded-as-models-for-the-nation/